HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Austria to ban full-face veil in public places

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dizzy
Member
Member


Posts : 1024
Join date : 2017-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:09 am

Here is a female point of view - admittedly a rather old female who can remember when women were ladies and men were gentlemen.

I share the views expressed by others here that those who wear - or make their women wear (which is probably more the case) are disrespectful of British values and it should be banned in public. 

They are the same people who take people to court for wearing a necklace which has a Christian cross.

They are the same people to are so offended by us celebrating Christmas that they have caused Birmingham council to refer to it as Winterval.

They are the same people who denigrate and threaten violence to Gays and trans gender people

They are the same people who go to work at a supermarket knowing full well that they will be required to serve customers alcohol or pork then refuse to do so quoting their human rights and religion. To make matters worse - we let them get away with it.

They are the same people who preach hatred to their kids in both the family, faith schools and mosques that harbour terrorism.

They are the same people who were so impressed by British values and our way of life that they came to live here. Then set about trying to reconstruct our society to make it like the filthy, corrupt and lawless country they fled from

The political elite and the luvvie liberals in our society have allowed this pernicious disease to spread amongst us because they are unaffected by having to live with them. Its us ordinary folk who have to suffer the consequences. You don't see many walking bin bags is the shire counties or Cotswold country.

The next few years are going to see a radical change in Europe. The Dutch will probably lead the way followed by the East Europeans with right wing governments taking over and the inflow of Muslims curtailed and the reinstatement of traditional values in society. It is inevitable - I'm glad that I will not be here to have to live through the social unrest that it will engender.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:20 am

Very well said dizzy. I agree 100%

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
AlanHo

avatar

Posts : 7423
Join date : 2016-10-16
Age : 80
Location : Solihull

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:28 am

Crikey Dizzy - which side of the bed did you get out of this morning.

You will have to start shopping in the new Waitrose in Solihull - you must be 
a nervous wreck whilst you are shopping at Aldi and Iceland in Acocks Green amidst a sea of bin bags.

I do agree with you though - and congratulations at not copping a groan from andsome...

___________________________________________________
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
sags



Posts : 1035
Join date : 2014-09-24
Location : Pork Chop Hill

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Dizzy wrote:
Here is a female point of view - admittedly a rather old female who can remember when women were ladies and men were gentlemen.

I share the views expressed by others here that those who wear - or make their women wear (which is probably more the case) are disrespectful of British values and it should be banned in public. 

They are the same people who take people to court for wearing a necklace which has a Christian cross.

They are the same people to are so offended by us celebrating Christmas that they have caused Birmingham council to refer to it as Winterval.

They are the same people who denigrate and threaten violence to Gays and trans gender people

They are the same people who go to work at a supermarket knowing full well that they will be required to serve customers alcohol or pork then refuse to do so quoting their human rights and religion. To make matters worse - we let them get away with it.

They are the same people who preach hatred to their kids in both the family, faith schools and mosques that harbour terrorism.

They are the same people who were so impressed by British values and our way of life that they came to live here. Then set about trying to reconstruct our society to make it like the filthy, corrupt and lawless country they fled from

The political elite and the luvvie liberals in our society have allowed this pernicious disease to spread amongst us because they are unaffected by having to live with them. Its us ordinary folk who have to suffer the consequences. You don't see many walking bin bags is the shire counties or Cotswold country.

The next few years are going to see a radical change in Europe. The Dutch will probably lead the way followed by the East Europeans with right wing governments taking over and the inflow of Muslims curtailed and the reinstatement of traditional values in society. It is inevitable - I'm glad that I will not be here to have to live through the social unrest that it will engender.



Oh well said Dizzy yes ... I agree with all of that. Every single word.

All that was missing was to add .... Welcome to Britanistan at the end... the new flourishing centre of regressive and repressive Islam culture.
And don't mistakenly go to post a letter through the slot of the black pillar boxes seen on the streets. Traditionally they are red.
Back to top Go down
sags



Posts : 1035
Join date : 2014-09-24
Location : Pork Chop Hill

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:25 pm

davo wrote:
sags wrote:
I respect women and children who live here and walk the streets of the UK.
As a womanly pig I find the idea of walking around in a body bag, usually because your husband or father expects you to, is a throwback to the Dark Ages.
If they choose to kowtow, okay .. but it shouldn't be considered the norm here.


many Muslim women choose the hijab because it is their personal choice without their husbands view - what is the norm in UK these days - it is certainly not the social mores of the 40's 50's or even sixties - God look at some of the trash clothes some young people walk around in.

in many Muslim countries the men were a male hijab as well. England is no longer the England we all grew up  in and loved - it will always be changing. You may not like some of the changes but there is no need to be disrespectful to women and their clothing.


British tradition and culture does not ascribe to women been subjugated and suffering a subservient role to men... in other words, been doormats.

Bear in mind .. whilst supporting their rights to freedom over here .. that in Saudi Arabia women are campaigning for the right to drive a car.
Nor can they open a bank account without their husbands permission.
Are unable to obtain a passport of leave the country without their husbands, or father's or a male relative's permission.
Wear clothes or make-up that show off their beauty.
Are obliged to use separate entrances to banks and other public buildings.
Are segregated at beaches, swimming baths and any other amusement venues.

Even more petty, some magazines are censored .. glamour, fashion ad beauty...
All against the Law.

I'd never support any culture who practised this and definitely don't want even minor changes to wheedle their way into acceptance over here.
Sounds too much like Apartheid to me.
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 2153
Join date : 2016-10-19
Location : OZ

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:09 pm

well I'm glad we got all that off of our chests - the British [well at least on here] remain as bigoted as ever! Yes England will decidedly be a different place in he future and hopefully with less bigots!

Australia continues to be one of the most if not the most successful multicultural country in the world and we place no restrictions on mode of dress by any member of society and yet we seem to flourish well - I wonder why - well  because we are all immigrants is one reason - no one except an Indigenous person can say this is my land and therefore these are my rules.

You are all sounding like great supporters for Donald Trump - I am sure he would  love you all on his team! hat
Back to top Go down
sags



Posts : 1035
Join date : 2014-09-24
Location : Pork Chop Hill

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Oh piffle, don't sound so stroppy .. here we go with the usual accusation of calling anyone who has concerns about Islam a bigot.
No one has said ...it is my land ..
I'm saying I was born on this sod of soil and so am accustomed to Western culture, Equality Laws and it's social values I was raised with. I therefore assume anyone who wants to live here would happily adopt them .. and for the same reason I would never go and live in the Middle East.


Multiculturalism hasn't gone well for Britain. 
Perhaps it has for Australia? You could be right. I do remember after you had your own terrorist attack in that café a couple of years back that a great many Aussies started a FB page offering to chaperone frightened Muslims about who were afraid for their safety.
I assume then that more Muslims will prefer to go there then and will be welcomed by Australia. 

It seems a good solution... though whether Trump is still having all those immigrants that Turnbull doesn't want still seems undecided.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:31 pm

davo wrote:
well I'm glad we got all that off of our chests - the British [well at least on here] remain as bigoted as ever! Yes England will decidedly be a different place in he future and hopefully with less bigots!

Australia continues to be one of the most if not the most successful multicultural country in the world and we place no restrictions on mode of dress by any member of society and yet we seem to flourish well - I wonder why - well  because we are all immigrants is one reason - no one except an Indigenous person can say this is my land and therefore these are my rules.

You are all sounding like great supporters for Donald Trump - I am sure he would  love you all on his team! hat

It isn't bigoted to want people to be identifiable in public. I am not religious at all, and don't believe in god,but respect anyones right to believe whatever turns them on. I do however firmly believe that when you go to live in another country then you should try and fit in with their way of life,and encourage your children to do so too. 

No one is worse than the Australians when it comes to being bigoted. whitnes their treatment of the native Australians. They have been treated terribly over the years by white Australians.

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
AlanHo

avatar

Posts : 7423
Join date : 2016-10-16
Age : 80
Location : Solihull

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:34 pm

We are all as entitled to our crazy opinions as others are to theirs.

Be under no illusion - the majority of people in UK voted for Brexit - that means a large number of immigrants who have settled here did so. They are as fed up as us anglo Saxons with what is happening to our society with unbridled immigration and the creep of a type of Islam that goes well beyond what it prescribes in the Koran.

When I come to power, the first thing I will do is ensure that all public signs and official documentation are just in English. This will also be adopted in all schools and Universities where only English will be spoken.

Courts will only be allowed to use English and anyone who requires a translator will have to pay for and provide their own.

It will be the same in doctors surgeries and hospitals - English only. Furthermore, where the rule in a hospital is that only 2 visitors are allowed on the ward - this will be rigorously applied to Asians where the whole family always turn up and cause disruption on the Ward.

We will have identity cards and everyone will have their DNA registered on a National data base. Hospitals will not treat for free those who are not entitled - like these bloody Africans who come here for transplants or to give birth then vanish back home without paying. It is reckoned that such people cost our NHS £2 billion a year

You are lucky to live in a land where immigration has been the norm and has worked. But even you Aussies have drawn a line and deposit boat people on an island to keep them from getting onto your shores and then try and palm some off to the USA. You got Trumped.

I will dismantle the holiday camp environment we call prisons and ensure that order is returned - even if it needs the army to assist. It will give them an ideal opportunity to train for close combat. Oh - and the nonsense where prisoners get released from prison after serving half their sentence will be revoked and replaced by a regime that they serve their full term plus extra time for bad behaviour.

I would cancel the Human Rights Act forthwith and not wait for Brexit to be completed. Also withdraw from the common fisheries policy and the farming subsidies we pay to French farmers for them to waste.

There will be proper punishment for those who drink & drive, drive while drugged to the gills, and those who phone and text whilst driving. Tinted car windscreens and front windows will be banned. Driving without insurance will be subject to compulsory imprisonment of at least 12 months.

All our judiciary will be required to live in a flat on a high density housing estate for at least 3 months every 2 years to get a taste of what it is like to be a normal person and what they have to put up with in a so-called multicultural society.


And that's just for starters on my first day in power
.

Feel free to add to my list.

___________________________________________________
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle


Last edited by AlanHo on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hetty
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2127
Join date : 2016-12-04
Location : North west England.

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:32 pm

davo wrote:
well I'm glad we got all that off of our chests - the British [well at least on here] remain as bigoted as ever! Yes England will decidedly be a different place in he future and hopefully with less bigots!

Not this one. 
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 2153
Join date : 2016-10-19
Location : OZ

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:07 pm

Britain has changed for ever you can't have it back they way it used to be. I remember the first or perhaps it was the second influx of immigrants, encouraged vigorously by the govt of the day because there was a shortage of British people prepared to do those "menial" tasks such as street cleaning, bus driving, council workers, road diggers etc - I think the term "laziness of the British worker" was born.

And what did the great British Empire run by a mad Queen Victoria do for Britain? raped the rest of the world, supported a slave trade, stolen the goods and land from other continents and now the 'worm' has turned. Those that were usurped have come to usurp too by stealth. Britain wanted to get filthy rich from other nations now you have to pay the price in a freer world. Wherever Britain went with its armies it changed the cultures [or attempted to ] down the barrel of a gun, be British or perish - things have just been reversed that's all. You can't save your cake and eat it at the same time, now it's curry time!! drum
Back to top Go down
sags



Posts : 1035
Join date : 2014-09-24
Location : Pork Chop Hill

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:43 pm

How come this thread has turned into Brits pointing out, quite reasonably, how they'd like the country they live in to remain essentially British ...
Whilst an Aussie's posts are focused on just running us down ....  and like an amnesiac skirts around explaining how his indigenous aborigines are getting on these days?
For instance .. when are they going to be given back Sydney? Their original lands.
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 2153
Join date : 2016-10-19
Location : OZ

PostSubject: Re: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places   Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:02 pm

the land is being given back they just don't wont the concrete bits!!

"essentially british" - what is british ya talkin out of ya bristle and pork - please define essentially british in no more than two sentences, then Irish, then Welsh and then Scots! - the United Kingdom is as united as two farts in a diving suit - when you say Britain are you talkin about 'little Britain' or the un-united kingdom? shy
Back to top Go down
 
Austria to ban full-face veil in public places
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Petition for Full Public Enquiry
» Public Arts Scam
» OECD - Britain: A Nation Full Of Bad Parents
» Moving soon & have a freezer full of milk-Orange County
» Full engineering software

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: What's in the News-
Jump to: