Share | 

AWOL Until Saturday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: AWOL Until Saturday   Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:56 am

Thats a good deal Alan.
We are not going there this year, but if we were ...7 days at The President would cost over £2000 !
Back to top Go down
Gandalph
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: AWOL Until Saturday   Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:58 am

Need anyone to carry your cases Alan?

Save a tree, eat a Beaver.

Albert Einstein: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe".

Machine Specs:  iMac 27 with 5K Retina Display | Intel Core i7 with boost up to 4.2 GHz | 32 GB 1867 DDR3 SDRAM | 3 TB Fusion Drive | AMD Radeon R9 M395 with 2GB Video Memory |macOS High Sierra 10.13 | Apple iPad 4 16 MB iOS 10.3.3 | 16 GB Apple iPhone 4S iOS 9.3.5 |Apple 4th Generation TV with 64 GBytes.

Laptop: Novatech 15.4" | AMD Athlon 64 1.6 Ghz | 250 Gb Hard drive | 4 Gb DDR2 Ram | Windows 10 Pro 
Back to top Go down
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: AWOL Until Saturday   Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:13 pm

No - Libby is as strong as an Ox and they have wheels on anyway.

neither do I require any help in getting down the wine and spirits.

But it is very kind of you to offer. 2017 will be our last splurge on regular holidays - the travel insurance is already crippling but I am 80 next month and Libby will soon be 75 and the cost of insurance with our menu of ailments will kill it off.

It will be more of the UK in future - which will cost less in petrol after next month when my new hybrid KIA Niro arrives. I have followed the ship it is on from Korea, to China then across the pacific and through the Panama Canal to a port in Venezuela which it departed bound for Brunswick USA where it will arrive on 15th Feb. It will drop off more cars there and collect others before making for Bristol UK where it is scheduled to arrive on 25/26 February.

The Marine tracking website is fascinating - it's amazing what it tracks and the info on each ship.

My ship the TORTUGAS is a dedicated car carrier and can carry 6,500 cars. It left Korea on 31st December loaded with approx. 6,300 KIA cars bound for China, South and North America the UK and then Germany where it will load up with VW, BMW and Mercedes cars for the USA and far east on the return trip to Korea. 
Gross Tonnage: 61321
Deadweight: 14512 tons
Length Overall x Breadth Extreme: 199.99m × 32.29m
Year Built: 2006

Read more at http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:191560/mmsi:249757000/imo:9319765/vessel:TORTUGAS#GsGfd2ig7jdo68ja.99

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down

AWOL Until Saturday
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4