HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kidneys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
-pops-

PostSubject: Kidneys   Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Went to see the nephrologist earlier as my recent blood and urine tests had shown had shown some abnormalities.

Without needless detail, I have the early stages of kidney failure but that isn't as bad as it might sound (apparently). At the rate the deterioration is progressing (I have had renal blood tests before) it shouldn't seriously affect me for a good number of years.

I must say I am impressed with the NHS getting me in to see a nephrologist so quickly - it was only last Monday that I had the tests that found this out.

Top marks!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Kidneys   Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:21 pm

I woke this morning with a very sore and painful big toe. Having checked out the Internet, it seems like I have gout !!
That it would seem is a kidney problem although my diabetic nurse assured me a few weeks ago that my kidneys were 'fine'
So far this year I have had bowel problems, a terrible cold, a stye on my eyelid and now bloody gout !
Back to top Go down
sags
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Kidneys   Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:29 pm

-pops- wrote:
Went to see the nephrologist earlier as my recent blood and urine tests had shown had shown some abnormalities.

Without needless detail, I have the early stages of kidney failure but that isn't as bad as it might sound (apparently). At the rate the deterioration is progressing (I have had renal blood tests before) it shouldn't seriously affect me for a good number of years.

I must say I am impressed with the NHS getting me in to see a nephrologist so quickly - it was only last Monday that I had the tests that found this out.

Top marks!!!!!!!

Despite hearing how the NHS is in dire straits, and we all know about waiting lists .... it is good to see they can get their finger out when it's needed.

How will that affect you now Pops? Do you need special diets or anything?

My sister has a dodgy kidney going back to when she had a kidney infection as a youngster. She has to be on her guard as she's getting older.
Back to top Go down
sags
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Kidneys   Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:35 pm

malcolm wrote:
I woke this morning with a very sore and painful big toe. Having checked out the Internet, it seems like I have gout !!
That it would seem is a kidney problem although my diabetic nurse assured me a few weeks ago that my kidneys were 'fine'
So far this year I have had bowel problems, a terrible cold, a stye on my eyelid and now bloody gout !

Eat red cherries Malcolm ... or any dark fruit. Reputably a handful a day is great for gout.

For your cold. Man size tissues and bed rest. For your stye and your bowels ... I'm out of helpful suggestions.
You forgot to add depression and hacked off. You must be feeling fed up.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Kidneys   Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:41 pm

I am feeling very fed up sags
The cold has gone now, and the stye is on it's last legs I am happy to report
My cute little great grandson Teddy is visiting us tomorrow along with his lovely mother Jennie and his wonderful aunt Rosie.....we are indeed blessed.
Back to top Go down
sags
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Kidneys   Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:47 pm

You'll soon be worn out too then ... but in a nice way.
Hope the weather is good for you, whatever you're intending to do.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Kidneys   Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Thanks sags, we are intending to play with teddy and consume a great pile of pancakes (crepes) that I have made today they just love 'em and have done since they were little girls.
Back to top Go down
Irene

PostSubject: Re: Kidneys   Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Sounds like you're in for a treasure of a family day.  :hug:

PostSubject: Re: Kidneys   Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:14 am

sags, the kidney condition will not affect my day-to-day life and it doesn't cause any pain or discomfort. I only found out about it as a sort of sideline investigation from my regular haematology testing.

There is no specific treatment but I must cut down salt in my diet - and not have salt substitutes (LoSalt and suchlike) and also I need to change my heart medication as one of the drugs (ACE inhibitor) relies on the kidney function to work properly.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Kidneys   Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:48 am

The NHS will act promptly if it feels the referral is a priority. 

As the consultant told you pops do not worry  blowkiss
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Kidneys   Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:11 am

Only having one kidney gives the tendency to walk round in circles while leaning slightly to the left. No noticeable effects other than that though. Smile

The remaining kidney is scanned from time to time because it has a tumour on it. It doesn't seem to be growing larger but the results of the latest scan will be learned on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Kidneys   Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:24 am

OMG Mart....I am currently worried about a very small Keratoacanthoma on my left lower eyelid and awaiting its surgical removal scheduled for July 3rd.
When I hear about others with real problems like you and your wife, it makes me feel very ashamed indeed.
I sincerely hope the outcome of your scan is good and that the prognosis is excellent for you. yes
Back to top Go down

Kidneys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next