Mart wrote:
Would you trust this fellow? Smile

Looks like a Spanish friend  smile
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:06 am

Shown below is what's called a 'vector' drawing. It's made up out of lots of individual shapes all sitting on top of each other. Shapes can be made to sit on top of each other in any order and any distance apart. Having drawn the shapes and placed them in the wanted position, each one can be given a different colour or 'fill'. Some fills can be patterned ones. The fills can be given transparency ranging from completely see through to partially see through. The individual shapes can also be given shadings and all sorts of other effects. Vector drawing programs can be interesting to play with. No end of possibilities:

With the fills (colours) and other effects removed, the lines and shapes that go to make up the picture can be seen:

Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:13 am

I wonder what the old sign writers would make of it??  perhaps they were vector painters in their own time??
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:15 am

davo wrote:
I wonder what the old sign writers would make of it??  perhaps they were vector painters in their own time??

Maybe it's not too different to now when it comes to actually painting the sign onto a background. That part might still have to be done with a brush and paint. The difference years ago might be that the lines were drawn using templates (stencils) and sheer artistry, then filled in with paint. I expect the design would now be done on a computer using a vector drawing program.

Vector programs for creating signs, cards, letterheads and logos have been around for a while. I had some business cards done by a proper print shop 32 years ago when I first went self-employed, so I know they were around back then. My brother used one called 'Micrografx'.

Vector programs are most suited to that kind of thing because images can be resized up or down to any required dimensions without loss of definition (a photo-editing program can't do this). For instance, if a sign is drawn to fit on a piece of A4 paper, that same design can be split up and made to fit over any number of pieces of A4 paper without any loss of image quality or definition.

Get a piece of paper large enough and a printer that can handle it and the image could be printed all in one bit ..keeping all the detail that was in the smaller original size.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:12 pm

These aren't at all clever. It's the program that is. Whatever way they are done, they certainly give a forum page a good splash of colour:

Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:29 pm

beautiful ! Picasso would be enthralled perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 pm

A few more...

Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Mart if ya not makin or thinkin of makin money from this I wonder aboot ya!! and I do hope you've considered copyright??
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:11 am

Some pictures take a bit of vision in as much as it has to be decided what sort of effect or drawing you want to end up with, so maybe some minor artistry/skill is needed there.

A lot of it is just effects done by the cleverness of the program though. This especially applies to the last images. Just digital effects added by a program to ordinary photographs. Different effects can be tried until you think the results look good.

Anyone can easily produce them if they have an interest in playing around with images and a few programs capable of doing that. True, the pictures can be pleasing or interesting to look at but they would never sell ..or be worth swiping.

The good thing about such programs is they allow someone like me to be a bit artistic without actually being an artist. Smile
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:04 am

oh wot a shame thought we had a modern picasso on our hands!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 pm

You are doing yourself a disservice Mart - I don't have an eye for art but found those pictures stunning. You must have a talent for art - even if you create it by trial and error.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:40 pm

we have market around us were they would sell like hot cakes unless they company has a copyright clause? you need a business manager!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Not really a photo   Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:01 am

Nah - They really aren't worth anything. They're made with a program that cost just a few Pounds. Open the Windows Store and type 'superphoto' into the search box. Get the paid version (because it's got more in it) and you too can turn out pictures like these.
Back to top Go down

Not really a photo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next