Share | 

What is on their tiny minds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
andsome
Ambassador
Ambassador

PostSubject: What is on their tiny minds   Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:36 am

I wonder just what is on the tiny minds of footballers who race across the pitch, fling themselves onto the ground and slide along on their knees after scoring.  Do they think it makes them look like BIG boys?  Another babyish trick is to pull their shirts up over their faces.  Children being paid a small fortune for making themselves look stupid. drum drum drum drum

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: What is on their tiny minds   Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:44 am

They ARE children andsome....just overpaid and overrated children ! playing a much overrated game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is on their tiny minds   Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:25 am

If I was paid that much to kick a ball around, I`d probably fling myself on the ground and slide in the mud - It must be like waking up every day, to realise you`ve won the lotto.
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: What is on their tiny minds   Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:07 pm

I was, years and years ago of course, captain of Takapuna Grammar School's first soccer XI. I now never watch soccer (football to you lot) . It seems that in both football and rugby you have to be a good actor. In rugby you have to act and pretend you are not in agony. In soccer you have to act that you are in extreme pain when nobody has so much as touched you! The "beautiful game" to me is now ugly.

PostSubject: Re: What is on their tiny minds   Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Ciderman wrote:
I was, years and years ago of course, captain of Takapuna Grammar School's first soccer XI. I now never watch soccer (football to you lot) . It seems that in both football and rugby you have to be a good actor. In rugby you have to act and pretend you are not in agony. In soccer you have to act that you are in extreme pain when nobody has so much as touched you! The "beautiful game" to me is now ugly

you'r right Ciderman you don't pretend to be in agony in rugby if you do the first
ones to give you a bollacking are your own team mates well that's how it was in
my playing days and I believe it's the same today.....not like that poncy football
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: What is on their tiny minds   Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:44 am

ciderman wrote:
The "beautiful game" to me is now ugly.

Couldn't agree more
Back to top Go down
andsome
Ambassador
Ambassador

PostSubject: Re: What is on their tiny minds   Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:35 am

There is no way that I would pay the ridiculous entry fees to see these prima donnas perform.  I never uses to miss a match at the Hawthorns when I was a kid.  The entry fee was 10d, that is less than 5p in todays money.  I appreciate that inflation over the years has been very high at times, but not that high.  Many of the prima donnas are given more cash in one week than many people earn in several years, and entrance fees have to match this.  You notice that I said are given cash, they certainly don't earn it.  A handshake or a pat on the back was reward enough for a tem mate who scored, no need to slide on the knew with arms raised, with team mates leaping on top of him.

Rant over, I feel better now.  

Back to top Go down
sags
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: What is on their tiny minds   Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Not being a footie fan but sometimes partial to admiring the male physique I have to say ... rugby players are the best. and an altogether better sport.
What a load of wimps are footie players. Rugby players are real men .. yes you just can't watch a rugby scrum without getting a view of some nice bums.

Of course, now I am in my more mature years I have ceased such wanton voyeurism. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
Ambassador
Ambassador

PostSubject: Re: What is on their tiny minds   Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:34 pm

sags wrote:
Not being a footie fan but sometimes partial to admiring the male physique I have to say ... rugby players are the best. and an altogether better sport.
What a load of wimps are footie players. Rugby players are real men .. yes you just can't watch a rugby scrum without getting a view of some nice bums.

Of course, now I am in my more mature years I have ceased such wanton voyeurism. whistle

MUCKY DEVIL YOU, piggy piggy piggy piggy piggy piggy

Back to top Go down

What is on their tiny minds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1