Alan's Croatian Holiday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Fri May 12, 2017 7:49 pm

We have never been to Croatia and we will have a car there so may see quite a bit of the place. We are staying at Mlini which is near to Dubrovnik. I'm told we can get to Dubrovnik by water taxi.

We need a car because both of us have angina and unable to walk too far - especially when there are loads of steps or hills.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Sat May 13, 2017 7:38 am

AlanHo wrote:
We have never been to Croatia and we will have a car there so may see quite a bit of the place. We are staying at Mlini which is near to Dubrovnik. I'm told we can get to Dubrovnik by water taxi.

We need a car because both of us have angina and unable to walk too far - especially when there are loads of steps or hills.
Take the water taxi/ferry a great experience, if only to witness the colour of the sea.
Take your car to the Dubrava Peninsula and visit the President Hotel at Babin Kuk for coffee..... it is a stunning place ! We always stay there when we visit Dubrovnik.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Mon May 15, 2017 11:14 am

malcolm wrote:
AlanHo wrote:

Take the water taxi/ferry a great experience, if only to witness the colour of the sea.
Take your car to the Dubrava Peninsula and visit the President Hotel at Babin Kuk for coffee..... it is a stunning place ! We always stay there when we visit Dubrovnik.
When do you go Alan ?
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Mon May 15, 2017 4:29 pm

We leave home at 03:45 tomorrow morning (Tues 15th) to catch a 06.15 flight to Dubrovnik from where we drive to Mlini in a Golf Auto hire car to stay at the Astoreas Hotel for 10 days. We get back home the evening of the 25th.

We are at home for just 12 days before spending a week in the Lake district - stopping off in York for 2 days on the way there for some sightseeing and a special dinner for six - one of our travelling companions is celebrating a big birthday. On the way back we again divert, but this time to Leeds for a day or two to stay with my favourite cousin who is as mad as a box of frogs..

I have made a note of your recommendation to see the President and loaded it into my Garmin sat nav as a favourite, together with all the other places we may visit.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Mon May 15, 2017 5:25 pm

I truly hope that you have the most splendid time for the next few weeks Alan, your presence on the forum will be sorely missed. yes
Back to top Go down
Goldie
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Mon May 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Enjoy Alan x  smile
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Mon May 15, 2017 11:13 pm

why don't you just take an Ipad and keep up to date with us - you'll be bored with all that sight seeing surely? spitffire
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Tue May 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Alan ... you may like to see this
a walk we have made many many times in both directions, from The President to Lapad and return.

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Tue May 16, 2017 8:37 pm

Lovely scenery Malcolm. Thanks for the post.

Because of our early start this morning we didn't bother to go to bed last night and both had a doze when we reached the hotel after a drive through some stunning scenery. We had a minor problem at the hotel because we were there by 11.00 am and perhaps not many rooms were ready. The one they allocated was not up to snuff and we insisted on being given what we had paid for. That being a superior room with full sea view - not a substandard one with a side view of a narrow slit of sea. All was well that ended well and we spent a nice time in the beach bar waiting for a lovely room to be made ready.

Libby had a second slight gripe - we had come away on this day to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary - guess who forgot to get her a card. It took a whole bottle of full bodied Sauvignon Carbernet to drown her sorrows over a splendid meal.

More anon - watch this space.

Back to top Go down
Goldie
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Tue May 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Sounds superb  Alan.  Happy Anniversary to you young lovebirds.

Have a really lovely holiday x
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Wed May 17, 2017 6:48 am

Happy Anniversary Alan from me too
A speciality and delicious red wine from the area is Plavac (pronounced plavach) try it....I promise you will love it
Back to top Go down
Gandalph
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Alan's Croatian Holiday   Wed May 17, 2017 3:15 pm

You and Mrs. Ho have a great time Alan. Don't forget my stick of rock. yes

Save a tree, eat a Beaver.

Albert Einstein: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe".

Machine Specs:  iMac 27 with 5K Retina Display | Intel Core i7 with boost up to 4.2 GHz | 32 GB 1867 DDR3 SDRAM | 3 TB Fusion Drive | AMD Radeon R9 M395 with 2GB Video Memory |macOS Sierra 10.12.5| Apple iPad 4 16 MB iOS 10.3.2 | 16 GB Apple iPhone 4S iOS 9.3.5 |Apple 4th Generation TV with 64 GBytes.

Laptop: Novatech 15.4" | AMD Athlon 64 1.6 Ghz | 250 Gb Hard drive | 4 Gb DDR2 Ram | Windows 10 Pro 
Back to top Go down

Alan's Croatian Holiday
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next