HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Pet hates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Pet hates   Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:55 am

How about posting some of your pet hates.  Just to start the ball rolling here are one or two of mine.

The word CELEBRITY is one.  These days it has become totally meaningless, there is nothing to celebrate about  most of the people who are referred to as celebrities.  They are mainly non entities.


I also hate the whole concept of royalty and aristocracy.  It is mediaeval.

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3364
Join date : 2014-09-23
Age : 72
Location : Coppull, Lancashire

PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:16 am

Agree entirely andsome
My pet hate is the corruption of our language, by texting, Americanisms and the acceptance of mispronunciation of certain words like February and heinous and schedule etc......I could go on !!!!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:25 am

Fully agree with the above.  Another on is the mess that other peoples cats make in the garden, they are not in my opinion suitable pets for built up areas.

Any more folks?

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:05 pm

People who are totally gobsmacked when green follows red and amber and take a long time to pull themselves together and react.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3364
Join date : 2014-09-23
Age : 72
Location : Coppull, Lancashire

PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:30 pm

completely agree with that Dragon yes
And those people, usually women, who wait until there are no more cars in sight in any direction before they will venture across the white line onto the roundabout.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:42 pm

don't think i "hate" anything, thats an awfull word 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:34 pm

I'm with you Macy I don't do hate, a lot of things niggle me, but I don't hate anyone
or anything.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:56 am

I particularly hate the amount of time given over to cookery and baking on TV.  A few months ago a TV presenter interviewed me at home about this, and it was broadcast on points of view.  Many friends got in touch and agreed with me.  A fat lot of good it did, it's as bad as ever.  Even the 24 hour news programme on BBC has Saturday kitchen.   

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:52 am

andsome wrote:
I particularly hate the amount of time given over to cookery and baking on TV.  A few months ago a TV presenter interviewed me at home about this, and it was broadcast on points of view.  Many friends got in touch and agreed with me.  A fat lot of good it did, it's as bad as ever.  Even the 24 hour news programme on BBC has Saturday kitchen.   

That's sad because it shows intolerance of other people's preferences in favour of your own.

In the main broadcasters don't show programmes that nobody watches, and while I'm perfectly willing to consign such programmes to the same bin as football, antiques, Formula 1. dancing, soaps etc.  I recognize that such programmes are popular with millions of people.

Live and let live.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 am

Dragon wrote:
andsome wrote:
I particularly hate the amount of time given over to cookery and baking on TV.  A few months ago a TV presenter interviewed me at home about this, and it was broadcast on points of view.  Many friends got in touch and agreed with me.  A fat lot of good it did, it's as bad as ever.  Even the 24 hour news programme on BBC has Saturday kitchen.   

That's sad because it shows intolerance of other people's preferences in favour of your own.

In the main broadcasters don't show programmes that nobody watches, and while I'm perfectly willing to consign such programmes to the same bin as football, antiques, Formula 1. dancing, soaps etc.  I recognize that such programmes are popular with millions of people.

Live and let live.



I appreciate the fact that some find these shows entertaining, but there is such a thing as OTT.  If there was one per day that would not be so bad, but when I was on Points of view there was over 30 hours per week, every week.  OTT by any standards.  I don't know how many are on now, I haven't counted.  The point is that once the BBC get their teeth into something they flog it to death.

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:33 pm

People who don`t turn away and don`t use a tissue when coughing and sneezing angry 

Have had awful flu... every bone and muscle ached. Crying or Very sad
Head ached, Crying or Very sad throat hurt Crying or Very sad then the coughing started Crying or Very sad ... Felt dreadful, looked even worse ... oh woe was me. Crying or Very sad

I think people with colds should be forbidden to go out in public unless they`re wearing a mouth/nose mask, and they shouldn`t be allowed to touch anything without using throw-away gloves. Evil or Very Mad
Anyone who sneezes or coughs without covering their mouth/nose
should be prosecuted, or better still, stoned. cool
In fact, they should be forbidden to move out of their own 4 walls.
Just keep your sneezing coughing virus-ridden bodies well away from me. angry
Went to the hairdresser this morning, before I`d taken off my coat I heard my hairdresser sneezing.
The lady in the next chair was coughing, I felt like I`d landed in a breeding ground for bacteria and viruses.
So I changed my appointment to next week. crying
Think I`ll go and treat myself to something nice. Smile 
poor poor me ... whistle
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:46 pm

andsome wrote:
How about posting some of your pet hates.  Just to start the ball rolling here are one or two of mine.

The word CELEBRITY is one.  These days it has become totally meaningless, there is nothing to celebrate about  most of the people who are referred to as celebrities.  They are mainly non entities.


I also hate the whole concept of royalty and aristocracy.  It is mediaeval.
I agree andsome,
I associate a celebrity with someone who is famous, and not to some dim-witted wannabee who is so desperate to get their face on tv - they`ll do anything.
No wonder most of them are so uneducated?
Back to top Go down
 
Pet hates
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Makes one go Hmmmm mean while steve woodward is trying do do a make over of himself over on CT steves Forum, trying to pretend that he is some sort of moderate republican when in fact he is nothing but a slime ball liberal who hates America
» Casey hates this link!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: Public Bar and Lounge-
Jump to: