unanswered posts!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:58 pm

The first step is to open an account with an image hosting site. I've just signed up with IMGUR and that seems pretty good.

http://imgur.com/
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Below is a screenshot of how images look in IMGUR when they have been uploaded from your computer (some instructions of what to do are given in white writing).

Once the image is open as shown below, see the part outlined in red. This is the correct type of link for making an image display in a forum post. Click the 'Copy' button next to it.

This copies the image's location. Now the link can be pasted into a forum post. It should look like this:

Press the the forum's 'Preview' button to make sure your photo will display OK.

This is just how IMGUR works. Other image hosting sites will be different.
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:02 pm

go with mart he's on the start!! drum
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:26 pm

Well, we might have wandered from the original topic but this is one thread that hasn't gone without replies. Smile
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:31 pm

well I would have never thought it!! if we're not interested in a thread we can still post "not interested" and then bloody well explain yourself!! drum lets try it ; it may be fun!! batman
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:47 pm

To complicated for me, tried it and got the app but then confusion.
Back to top Go down
sags

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Mart wrote:
The first step is to open an account with an image hosting site. I've just signed up with IMGUR and that seems pretty good.

http://imgur.com/

Thanks Mart ... I'll look into that one. I used to be with Picasa (google owned) but they closed down their image hosting service.

There is one big advantage I like about having a third-party image hosting account of my own.

If you ever want to remove an image you've posted on a forum you can just move or delete the image on the image hosting site and the broken link effectively removes it.
Whereas, on the forum itself ... once your post is past it's editing time it is stuck there.
I like the idea of more personal control.
Back to top Go down
sags

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:51 pm

meerkat12 wrote:
To complicated for me, tried it and got the app but then confusion.

I'm going to sign up and give it a whirl ... I'll let you know how I get on.
Mind you .. I'm not using an Ipad so wouldn't need the app.

It hadn't better be headbender stuff or I'm sunk.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:17 pm

I'm still getting used parts of IMGUR but the basic uploading, linking to and posting seems fairly straightforward. There is the option to create separate albums, which I have done. Also to post images for the whole IMGUR community to see and rate. I'm not too familiar with that yet and may not bother anyway.

I like the ability to control images too but I know of one forum that insists that images are uploaded to their forum so that members can't move them later. The reason being that it is a forum dedicated to image discussion, creation and display and it would ruin the threads if people moved images about.

Not a forum anything like this one so I hope mentioning it is OK. It's 'Talk Graphics' where the members live eat and breathe image creation, mostly using a program called Xara Photo & Graphics Designer.
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:39 pm

well we are doing well so far now:

Mal has described in no uncertain words his own frustrations of running this site sometimes and how he would like more harmony and cooperation from all - " it is his site but our forum"

he had a very able bodied moderator with a wiggly tail who IMO did a great job - glad she is still  here and

we now have a new moderator with a tin head - he looks great!

BUT what keeps this site alive and growing is an increase in membership which I haven't seen lately are we al pulling our weight even the ambassador?? and postings - even if you are not interested in a topic you could at least say so

SO IMO this site is about membership [increasing] and increased posting all around otherwise I agree with Mal - why not walk away ?? hat
Back to top Go down
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Good post Dave....everyone should try to recruit a member or two in order to ensure the survival of the forum, you are doing a great job keeping the place alive with all your posts yes
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:42 pm

well in all fairness people do come and go - pumiestone who is an excellent poster has disappeared but his son was involved in some bad weather conditions in Queensland so I hope all is well there - we have lost a valuable poster on another site who we cherished and are hoping it's not for the worst but these things do happen in our age group.  OK will gird up me loins again and go hunting members.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: unanswered posts!!!   Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Davo : You look well kitted up for hunting according to your avatar

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down

unanswered posts!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next