HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sags

PostSubject: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Question: Is once enough?
If one marriage goes pear shaped are you the romantic optimist who is willing to give it another go again? Or is it better to just live together?

My brother's getting wed again this weekend for the third time .. and his bride is on her third too,  or it could be the fourth. Best of luck to them.
I've lived with Mr Sags since 1981 and never felt the need to get married.

So .. considering the cost etc etc does there come a point when you don't need the frills and fancies and bit of paper a wedding brings. Is loving someone enough without grand gestures?
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:16 pm

I've lived with Mr Sags since 1981 and never felt the need to get married.

Yo tan poco Saggysgal!

I bumped into my missus in the South of France in 1980 and we have been together since then...In  different countries with numerous businesses and properties and are only considering marriage now as the laws in this tin pot run country mean if I don't and something happens to either of us....The f#ckin state gets its grubby hands on most of it....
Back to top Go down
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:40 pm

I saw this in our local paper! It's real!!

At Woburn House on the 17th of November, George **********, aged 96, loved husband of Gloria (deceased), Alma (deceased), Barbara (deceased), Rosheen (deceased) surrounded by his family.......

He's had the answer I guess. yes

andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:03 pm

We have been married for 56 years.  Once is enough. cool

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:21 pm

andsome wrote:
We have been married for 56 years.  Once is enough. cool

once is more than enough  whistle
Back to top Go down
Judd

PostSubject: Re: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Ciderman wrote:
I saw this in our local paper! It's real!!

At Woburn House on the 17th of November, George **********, aged 96, loved husband of Gloria (deceased), Alma (deceased), Barbara (deceased), Rosheen (deceased) surrounded by his family.......

He's had the answer I guess. yes

A glutton for punishment or just a plain masochist?
Back to top Go down
sags

PostSubject: Re: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:17 pm

I'm back from my brother's wedding.
Haven't been to one for over 20 years.
It was an odd affair.
The wedding ceremony was incorporated into the usual Sunday service at his local Pentecostal Church. After learning this upon arrival I got settled comfortably and I took this as an ominous sign.
 So we had lots of worshipful hymn singing with the best man getting up to play along on his electric guitar .. with jubilant singing from the congregation though I was a little taken aback to see how they all raised their  arm during the singalong very similar to a Nazi salute .. the first I spotted to do it was the bridegroom. How odd.
Hymn books are a thing of  the past. A huge wall mounted TV screen scrolled the hymn lyrics.
After signing the register the bride got up and did a song on her own .. a bit like karaoke.

Oh.. and there was even Communion ... which I politely refused to partake of (I was hungry and wanted real food not cannibalism).. but at the end when the bride and groom left the church to the accompanying electric twang of Oh Happy Days I was tempted to snatch the tambourine off one of them to bang it on my hip in a  joyous  dance.

Seriously ... a good time was had by all. Though my brother, the groom, got his bride's name wrong when he was making his vows.
Time to peel off my slap now and get my furry slippers on and have a nice cuppa ...
Back to top Go down
Judd

PostSubject: Re: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Doesn't sound too dissimilar to a catholic do where you have to sit through an entire service first. I went to a mate's funeral a few years ago, he was a Pape, and the priest droned on and on through an entire mass with the congregation doing the suitable responses drilled into them from birth. I, and a few others had to sit through this diatribe while our friend was rotting away in his coffin. Only about fifteen minutes from the end of the proceedings did our mate get a mention like an afterthought.

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:05 am

We have left our instruction for our funerals on duplicated memory sticks, the kids know where they are.  No dark clothes, no hymns or any other religious trappings.  Cremation and our ashes scattered later by the family on the back garden. cool

Back to top Go down
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:12 am

Funerals IMO are the responsibility of the living and as such it should be their prerogative to decide on the format and execution of the proceedings involved in the disposal of a carcass.
The deceased will not be there to witness nor to take any part in the event.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:20 am

malcolm wrote:
Funerals IMO are the responsibility of the living and as such it should be their prerogative to decide on the format and execution of the proceedings involved in the disposal of a carcass.
The deceased will not be there to witness nor to take any part in the event.

We will have to agree to differ on that one, I think everyone should have a say as to how they are disposed of if that is what they wish.  I am a devout atheist and want no religious claptrap on my exit.  JUST my personal opinion, I respect everyone rights to believe in what they will.  We have even named our choice of music even though we won't actually hear it.  I want the adagio from Mahler's fifth symphony, and 'Er indoors want Nat King Cole and stardust. cool cool cool

Back to top Go down
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...   Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:26 am

andsome wrote:
I think everyone should have a say as to how they are disposed of

Why ?
Back to top Go down

Getting Married ... Again ... And Again ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next