HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 What a week,

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member


Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:04 pm

I would say that he is obviously cautious about trying a drug designed to shrink the prostate without establishing what is causing the irregularities. Who knows this could be unsafe if there is actually cancer present. I prefer to wait and let him decide what is the best course of action after more investigation. He obviously wants to see if it was a temporary blip on the PSA reading.
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2016-10-19
Location : OZ

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:47 pm

yep OK
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3364
Join date : 2014-09-23
Age : 72
Location : Coppull, Lancashire

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:52 pm

The drug won't shrink any prostate tumour andsome, it will just relax the smooth muscle of the prostate to reduce the constriction on the urethra, many drugs can do this.
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2016-10-19
Location : OZ

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:02 pm

heh andsome keep us updated with ya nightly peeing regime!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:24 am

davo wrote:
heh andsome keep us updated with ya nightly peeing regime!

FOUR times last night. hat

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2016-10-19
Location : OZ

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:45 am

OMG hows the sleepin goin?
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:00 am

davo wrote:
OMG hows the sleepin goin?

OK in between

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2016-10-19
Location : OZ

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:15 am

well I wouldn't be waitin 4 mths andsome go back and give him as bollockin! hat
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:51 am

davo wrote:
well I wouldn't be waitin 4 mths andsome go back and give him as bollockin! hat

 I don't quite know where you are coming from. He is an expert in his field and obviously know more about the subject than any of us.  I am quite content to be guided by him.  The MRI obviously showed an irregularity, while the biopsy was clear of cancer.  It makes sense to observe for a time to see if the irregularity does not change and is therefore benign. My wife has seven benign brain tumours which have not changed in many years.  She could have adopted your bull at a gate attitude and had her head cut open to remove these, with all the inherent risks for the operation, as well as the weeks of rehabilitation to follow. You obviously have best intentions, but I am sure that he knows his job.  There is a saying in the UK, 'teaching your grandmother to suck eggs.'

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3364
Join date : 2014-09-23
Age : 72
Location : Coppull, Lancashire

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:15 am

4 months is a very long time to be worried about a problem especially in that area andsome.
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2016-10-19
Location : OZ

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:40 am

andsome wrote:
davo wrote:
well I wouldn't be waitin 4 mths andsome go back and give him as bollockin! hat

 I don't quite know where you are coming from. He is an expert in his field and obviously know more about the subject than any of us.  I am quite content to be guided by him.  The MRI obviously showed an irregularity, while the biopsy was clear of cancer.  It makes sense to observe for a time to see if the irregularity does not change and is therefore benign. My wife has seven benign brain tumours which have not changed in many years.  She could have adopted your bull at a gate attitude and had her head cut open to remove these, with all the inherent risks for the operation, as well as the weeks of rehabilitation to follow. You obviously have best intentions, but I am sure that he knows his job.  There is a saying in the UK, 'teaching your grandmother to suck eggs.'

in OZ we do not trust docs 100% and believe we have the right to do so - what I was suggesting was merely seeking a further discussion with your doc or specialist which is of course your right and ask a simple question - "why has something like prazosin not been consider" - this should be seen as a discussion between doc and patient not a challenge to fight!! and yes we do feel concern for you! hat

ps: you don't need another consultation face to face just phone him!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:38 pm

davo wrote:
andsome wrote:
davo wrote:
well I wouldn't be waitin 4 mths andsome go back and give him as bollockin! hat

 I don't quite know where you are coming from. He is an expert in his field and obviously know more about the subject than any of us.  I am quite content to be guided by him.  The MRI obviously showed an irregularity, while the biopsy was clear of cancer.  It makes sense to observe for a time to see if the irregularity does not change and is therefore benign. My wife has seven benign brain tumours which have not changed in many years.  She could have adopted your bull at a gate attitude and had her head cut open to remove these, with all the inherent risks for the operation, as well as the weeks of rehabilitation to follow. You obviously have best intentions, but I am sure that he knows his job.  There is a saying in the UK, 'teaching your grandmother to suck eggs.'

in OZ we do not trust docs 100% and believe we have the right to do so - what I was suggesting was merely seeking a further discussion with your doc or specialist which is of course your right and ask a simple question - "why has something like prazosin not been consider" - this should be seen as a discussion between doc and patient not a challenge to fight!! and yes we do feel concern for you! hat

ps: you don't need another consultation face to face just phone him!



It is in fact three months to my next appointment and I am happy to let things rest as the biopsy showed no cancer. The MRI can only show if there are any irregularities,it does not diagnose. So I see no point in a change of medication at this stage. If as hoped whatever the MRI showed is something benign,and I am checked regularly I am happy to leave well alone.

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3364
Join date : 2014-09-23
Age : 72
Location : Coppull, Lancashire

PostSubject: Re: What a week,    Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:36 pm

So you are already on medication for an enlarged prostate then andsome, same as me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What a week,    

Back to top Go down
 
What a week,
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn
» Seeking 10oz/day for 6 week old Jameson (will travel)
» Donor milk desired for 3 week old
» Adopted newborn coming home in about a week
» Missing 3 week old baby boy found dead

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Health and well-being-
Jump to: