HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Winter fuel payment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Winter fuel payment   Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:43 am

About this time of the year, some older taxpayers will again be receiving another 'Winter Fuel’ payment. This is indeed a very exciting programme, and I'll explain it by using a Q & A format:

Q. What is a 'Winter Fuel payment ?
A. It is £200 that the government will send to each household of elderly taxpayers

Q. Where will the government get this money ?
A. From taxpayers

Q. So the government is giving me back some of my own money ?
A. Only a smidgen of it

Q. What is the purpose of this payment ?
A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase gas and electricity...or a high-definition flat screen TV set, thus stimulating the economy

Q. But isn't buying a TV set stimulating the economy of China ?
A. Shut up

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U.K. Economy by spending your 'Winter Fuel payment wisely:

* If you spend the money at Asda or Tesco, the money will go to Gibraltar, Ireland & Luxemburg

*If you spend it on Amazon your money will go Lichtenstein

*If you spend it on eBay your money will go Ireland

* If you spend it on petrol your money will go to the Arabs

* If you purchase a computer it will go to India , Taiwan or China

* If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Kenya, Spain, or Morocco

* If you spend it on ‘cheap’ cigarettes it will end up in Rumania or Bulgaria

* If you give it to Oxfam, 21%  will go abroad to corrupt officials with Swiss bank accounts. The other 79% will remain in the hands of the Oxfam administrators, who will either spend it on fact finding missions to Cayman Islands, Thailand and  Mauritius or on luxuries like expensive cars, property and sea cruises.

* If you buy a foreign car it will go to Japan, Germany, France, India or Korea .

* If you buy a British car it will go to Japan, Germany or India .

* If you pay off your credit cards or buy shares, it will go to bankers management bonuses and they will hide it offshore

Instead, keep the money in the UK by:

1. Spending it at car boot sales

2. Going to night clubs

3. Spending it on call girls

4. Buying cider, beer or scotch

5. Getting yourself a Tattoo

6. Visiting a bookie

(These are the only UK businesses still operating in the U.K. )

Conclusion:

Go to a night club with a tattooed call girl that you met at a car boot sale and drink beer day and night !

It’s the patriotic thing to do.

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 2207
Join date : 2016-10-19
Location : OZ

PostSubject: Re: Winter fuel payment   Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:34 am

same in OZ - but my closest night club is so far away I'd run out of me petrol fuel!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 4525
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 81
Location : Burntwood in Staffordshie, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: Winter fuel payment   Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:28 am

Night clubs don't appeal to me.

___________________________________________________
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
avatar

Posts : 7425
Join date : 2016-10-16
Age : 80
Location : Solihull

PostSubject: Re: Winter fuel payment   Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:28 am

I've just had my payment - but it went straight into our holiday fund.

___________________________________________________
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Winter fuel payment   

Back to top Go down
 
Winter fuel payment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» EC receives UK application for 5p off islanders' fuel
» Officer's Winter "Yukon" style hat
» Hiroko - Winter Forest - Khu rừng giáng sinh - Kirigami pattern and Manual.
» Edgar Winter
» Facts about Top Fuel and Funny Cars

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: Public Bar and Lounge-
Jump to: