Share | 

Tea/Coffee

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:55 am

sweeteners in my coffee/tea and full cream milk.
Cant understand anybody buying semi-skimmed milk it's just watered down ordinary milk Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:25 am

I don't like the taste of full cream  milk - that's why I have just a dash of semi skimmed.
I can drink tea without milk - it doesn't really bother me..
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:48 am

You can make your own by watering down full cream milk by 50% thereby halving your milk costs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:02 am

I have ONE mug of coffee a day as I am drinking right now when i get back from walking dogs used to always have Nescafe Gold Blend, Semi Skimed Milk, 2 sugars
Tea I drink by the bucketful never refuse a mug of tea we use PG TIps, 2 Tea bags I like it strong, I have skimmed Milk and sweeteners.
Whilst some go for the China cups ( nods as good as wink) I am just one of the common lot? would drink it out of a jam jar if thats all there was, makes no difference to me all this faffing about.

Coffee, Tea both in a mug Dou Egberts Coffee, PG Tips suits me fine yes even with the "Watered down milk" ? morn morn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:05 am

I won't bother but thanks for the tip Malcolm. You weren't joking when you said you were careful with money were you? Laughing

Actually - do you remember in the days before semi skimmed/skimmed etc? When milk was delivered to your door in a glass bottle.
Way back then I always used to pour away the cream from the top of the milk - couldn't stand it - still can't.

Why is cream cream so delicious and the cream on top of the milk so foul I wonder?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:10 am

When i first left the Army I was intending having a few months rest and looking about as it were, a Mate was manager of a local dairy asked if I would help out for a few days doing a Milk Round, driving one of those little Electric floats, this was back in 75, when milk as you say carol was in bottles 4P a bottle/ (Jeez can you imagine that)
I started at 4am every morning was finished and back home by 10am, supposed to be 3 weeks I stayed nearly 2 years loved it, totally ruined my social life mind but really enjoyed it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:01 pm

I like a cup of coffee first thing in the morning, milky, then for the rest of the day any hot drinks will be tea. Just a little milk, and two sugars.
Has anyone tried the flavoured syrups that can be added to coffee?. I haven't yet, just wondering if they are nice.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:31 pm

I have some fruit teas that I got in Dubrovnik last year, they are pretty good with a bit of sugar in !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:21 pm

I always use skimmed milk. Less calories. Once you use it for a bit, it is absolutely fine...in fact the blue top is too sickly for me now. I always use sweeteners...I have tried and tried to take my tea without sugar but hate it so much I would just prefer not to drink it.

quarter shot skinny latte = cup of very hot skimmed milk with a tiny amount of coffee in it.
Back to top Go down
andsome
Ambassador
Ambassador

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:10 pm

PG tips for tea, and Costa for coffee, Sainsbury's sell it.

Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Stuck with PG teabags and loose tea for a long time  but I am now trying Yorkshire tea and teabags.
Coffee I like Nescafé Cap Colombie
Back to top Go down
andsome
Ambassador
Ambassador

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:42 am

meerkat12 wrote:
Stuck with PG teabags and loose tea for a long time  but I am now trying Yorkshire tea and teabags.
Coffee I like Nescafé Cap Colombie

As I posted above, we like PG tips .  However, just lately we are getting on occasions, a fine dust at the bottom of our mugs.  I must contact them about it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tea/Coffee   Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:16 am

Yesterday in Morrisons, I bought two cartons of Starbucks Latte.  You just heat it up at home.  Going to try one later.   I do have herbal teas but forget to use them!!!   I drink at least 6/8 cups of tea a day.
Back to top Go down

Tea/Coffee
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next