HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Does Anyone Else Own A Jug Type Soup Maker?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Own A Jug Type Soup Maker?   Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:07 am

Irene wrote:
-pops- wrote:
Your chickpea soup sounds appealing, Hetty!

Both sound appealing to me, Hetty!  yes
I have a profound dislike of soup with apples in it. This dates back a long time when I was offered apple & Stilton soup. Unfortunately, it tasted to me as though it was the second time it had been eaten (if you see what I mean) but worse, eaten by someone else.

This dislike extends to any cooked blue cheese although other cooked cheeses don't affect me in the same way.
Back to top Go down
Irene

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Own A Jug Type Soup Maker?   Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:57 am

-pops- wrote:
Perhaps not recipes then, but combinations of things that work well together e.g. chicken & leek, beef & tomato, and so on.

Another recipe here, -pops-...

CARROT, COURGETTE and CORIANDER Soup

Serves 6

INGREDIENTS
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 leek, chopped
• 6 large carrots, chopped
• 2 large courgettes, chopped
• 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
• 4 tbsp chopped coriander

METHOD
1. Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan.  Add the onion, garlic and leek and allow them to soften for a couple of minutes.
2. Then add the carrots and courgettes.  Stir and cover pan with a lid, turn down heat, and cook for ten minutes.
3. Add 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock and simmer for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
4. Turn off the heat and use a hand blender to blend until smooth. Stir in chopped coriander and serve.

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Own A Jug Type Soup Maker?   Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:39 am

Irene, I'll be making that tomorrow for lunch. Sounds excellent! A slight mod I think, will be to use parsley instead of coriander.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Own A Jug Type Soup Maker?   Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:15 pm

I rarely bother with recipes. With soup I bung in whatever I fancy. The same goes for stews and casseroles. Stir fries too,tonight I will stir fry strips of beef with some spring onions,capsicum,mushrooms and plenty of chopped garlic and root ginger,if it looks insufficient I might bung in a carrot or a few leaves. When almost cooked I will bung in some cachew nuts and noodles and a stir fry sauce. No particular quantities of anything,just whatever looks about right.

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Else Own A Jug Type Soup Maker?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2