Share | 

This is what really bad arthritis looks like

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: This is what really bad arthritis looks like   Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Wow your wife's hands looked so painful, and what a fantastic job they have done, I had never heard
Of that operation before.
I am so glad for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is what really bad arthritis looks like   Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:31 pm

andsome wrote:
She no longer gets much pain now, but obviously has to be very careful  The surgeon removed her knuckles and replaced them with plastic ones, about five years ago.  Since them there has been some slight deterioration and slight distortion is re-occurring, but nothing like before the operations.  The left hand was done several months after the right, to give her time to regain some strength.  She dare not punch me now, so she just moans at me. cool
Thats superb never realised that surgery was possible for such cases Happy to hear less pain too
(ET in another guise)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is what really bad arthritis looks like   Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:10 am

Wow Ansome - I know arthritis as have osteo in joints and mainly left leg and knee now both need replacement and was supposed to go for hip on 24.11 and low blood they said and cancelled. Not easy being Green is what I tell myself! No good moaning no one listens ha ha.

One thing is did find out though, as I also had finger joints starting to curl up but no where as near as bad as from RA - is that the deadly nightshade family adds to arthritis and in particular the potato is one cause we overlook. So gave up my favourite veggie - no more chips or crisps and well inside just 3 months my fingers had straitened out and pain gone now mainly in wrist now and then.

Who would have thought eh!  Always did know we are what we eat but!
So always pass it on as may well help others.

Interesting too that drug. Not sure if available here - but could be.
I am impressed with the surgery she received. And the outcome!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: This is what really bad arthritis looks like   Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:12 am

This of course was many moons ago.  Her hands are distorting somewhat again, but no where near as bad, and she no longer has the pain.

Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: This is what really bad arthritis looks like   Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:17 am

Glad to here your wife has no pain know andsome.
My husband has some arthritis in his hands mainly the thumbs, due to have been in the building
trade all his life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is what really bad arthritis looks like   Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:16 am

Tell anyone who has arthritis re Deadly Nightshade family - all of which make arthritis more painful and can make fingers start to curl and enlarge the middle knuckles as mine had. Both thumbs painful too.

Nowadays since gave up spud altogether can straighten out both hands and even the knuckles are finally back into shape they took the longest as had grown large and hard skin etc.

Again I put that down to peeling spuds for the family, which I still do.

Even my German shepherd has his spud nightly. Started as a pup, he put his head into the potato box as I pulled it out of bottom of cupboard and I gave him  small spud to play with as tennis ball too big for his mouth then, and he ate it. Next day head in box and every day since. Now automatically peel one for him but he gets bits not whole large spud and keep the balance in a cup in fridge etc. Got his own tennis ball which is guarded and no-one get to play with it bar him.

Well they dont have many possession, his bed, his collar and his tennis ball.
Back to top Go down

This is what really bad arthritis looks like
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2