HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Obtaining a UK Passport

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlanHo

PostSubject: Obtaining a UK Passport   Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:10 pm

My sister in law (wife's sister) who is 70 years old, has a new man friend in her life. Her husband dumped her about 5 years ago and she is just starting to come out of her shell.

Her friend is of similar age and they share musical interests (which was how they met) and they decided to take a holiday together to see an opera in Italy.

He has never had a passport and has a problem.  I am told that his passport application has to be signed by a professional person who is prepared to confirm they have known him for 2 years and who are required sign with their full name, address, profession and passport number.

He is unable to find anyone prepared to do this - even his doctor who has known him for more than 10 years has refused - because he does not want to advertise his passport number to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

They have asked for my help but I can't  - because I have known him for 2 weeks and not 2 years.

Any suggestions anyone.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining a UK Passport   Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:17 pm

just lie for god sake the rest of government does!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining a UK Passport   Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:46 pm

I prefer to lie low. If it was for a mate - that's something else.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
sags

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining a UK Passport   Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Has he tried his dentist? Bank manager?
It sounds like a case of racking his brains to find a professional person who's willing.

It's getting like jumping through hoops here to get a passport now ... it'd probably be quicker and hit less red tape to claim refugee status.
Back to top Go down

Obtaining a UK Passport
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1